Gas Safety Record Information

What documentation can I expect from a gas engineer when they have carried out work in my home.

The only documentation required by law is, a landlord Gas Safety record. There is a legal duty on owners of residential rented properties to have annual safety checks carried out on the gas appliances they provide for their tenants’ use.

These safety checks must be carried out by a gas safe registered engineer and the results are recorded in detail on a landlord gas Safety Record form, with copies provided to the landlord and the tenant.

When a registered engineer does a gas safety check in your home:

If you’re renting a property from a private landlord, the council, a housing association or any other landlord, they should provide you with a copy of the record within 28 days of the check being completed. They also need to give a copy of the latest record to new tenants upon the start of their tenancy.
For more information on health and safety please visit

list of boiler providers we work with

Get In Touch

Telephone: 07770 088897 :: 02036334460
...or contact us online!