Carbon Monoxide Advice

If the boiler has not had an annual service you could have a faulty boiler that can cause you to be exposed to carbon monoxide that can kill you. The health and safety of your family is the most important concern so please have your boiler serviced by a qualified gas safe engineer. 

Always when you have a boiler repair or a service always check the company to make sure they are gas safe registered and when the engineer arrives at your property ask to see the gas safety card.

What should I do if I think my appliances are spilling carbon monoxide?

  • Call the National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999
  • Switch off the appliance and shut off the gas supply at the meter control valve.
  • Open all doors and windows to ventilate the room.
  • Visit your GP and tell him/her that you believe you may have been exposed to carbon monoxide.

What are the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning?

Early symptoms of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning can mimic many common ailments and may easily be confused with food poisoning, viral infections, flu or simple tiredness. Symptoms to look out for include:

  • Tiredness
  • Headaches or dizziness
  • Nausea
  • Breathlessness
  • Visual problems
  • Pains in the chest or stomach
  • Erratic behavior
  • Loss of consciousness

If you think that are have some of those symptoms please do not ignore those early signs Call the National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999, contact your Doctor and tell them that you believe you may have been exposed to carbon monoxide.

Get In Touch

Telephone: 07770 088897 :: 02036334460
Email: info@richmondplumbersandheating.co.uk
...or contact us online!